Saturday, November 13, 2010

WE GOT "THE CALL"!

It's true! Yesterday we received "The Call" telling us we may have a referral if we travel to Russia to meet with the Committee (only the Committee can provide a referral, and that is not done until you meet with the Committee, in Russia)! Here's how it happened . . .

I was on my lunch hour, shopping for shoes (a favorite past time of mine) when my cell phone started to ring. Barefoot and about to slip on the "new shoes" I glanced at the caller id - it wasn't a number I'm familiar with. Who could it be? Then it hit me . . . OMG! Could it be . . . "The Call" we've been waiting for? Is this the day? YES! YES! YES! The world around me seemed to slip away as our agency told me we may soon have our referral if we choose to travel Russia to meet with the Committee. I raced to my hubby's office and shared the news with him. Overwhelmed with emotion, we held each other and cried. From there, the rest of the day and into the night, seemed like a dream to us both. Is this really happening? Is the dream of our hearts really, finally starting to coming true? Yes, it is!

Now it's time to get ready for Russia! We are so excited!

7 comments:

  1. Hi--My name is Shauntelle, and my husband and I are adopting from Russia, too. Congratulations! Your news has brightened my day and given me so much to look forward to. Thanks for posting to this blog so other PAPs can be inspired by your journey. Do you mind sharing what wait time frame you were told by your agency to expect? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauntelle,

    Our agency told us it would take approx. 9-12 months for a little girl (age 9 mos. - 2 years). We started the process in January 2010, so we are within that time frame. I know how hard it is to wait; I hope you receive your referral soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric & Kathryn,
    We are so happy to receive the news of "the call" and rejoice with you! We'll keep you and your precious daughter in our prayers.
    James & Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kathryn. I look forward to following the adventures of your upcoming trip! Deep breath...ahhh...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn and Eric,

    How exciting! We will surely celebrate today... I got chills from excitement as i read your news. You have both made me feel such a part of this wonderful, exciting journey. The best is on its way

    Love you both,
    Jan P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn, Congratulations!! I can't wait to more of your awesome journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I have been following your blog, for a while now. I just wanted say congratulations!

    ReplyDelete