Sunday, January 30, 2011

Holding Steady

We were hoping for an early February court date, but instead have a tentative court date for the end of February, provided nothing unexpected pops up. We realize it is not really that long to have to wait for a court date, all things considered. In all, our process has moved along quite well and we have no complaints.

We go back and forth about whether we will remain in country for the wait period, or come home and make a third trip to Russia. As of now, we are planning to stay in country (yes, yes, I know . . . that's not what I said in an earlier post . . . ). Since we thought we would have an earlier court date, I had already started packing, filling out most everything on our visa applications, and creating my travel checklists (ref. Doug & Shelly's blog). I also packed for our daughter, which I found to be a lot of fun, yet surprisingly, nerve wracking. What exactly DO you pack for a child so young? Since it now appears that we will not be leaving for at least 2 weeks, however, I feel I can relax just a little bit and give the matter more thought. In any event, it will be fun reading about my fellow bloggers' adventures as they recount their (rapidly approaching) day(s) in court on their own blogs.

The following may sound mushy, but I just have to say it . . . sometimes I just step back and marvel at the incredible journey my husband and I are on - the people we have met, where we have traveled and the amazing child that will be our daughter. I also read about the similar journeys other couples are on as they create or add to their own families through Russian adoption. It all fills me with a profound sense of awe and deep gratitude for the blessing of Russian adoption; how lucky and blessed we all are to be on this journey to our children. Wouldn't you agree?

That's all.

Kathryn

7 comments:

  1. We couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!! It all really is so amazing!!!! Stay positive...you will be there before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn,I know you can't get back to Russia soon enough! I can't wait to hear about your own court date and see a picture of your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping that February flies by so quickly and that you're back to your little one before you know it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that God is so Awesome. The way He organizes everything and puts people in places and circumstances that we wouldn't normally be in. After our adoption was complete, my memories start to fade, so be sure you write everything down so you have something to look back on years down the line. After 4 boys, I too was so excited to shop and pack for a girl. Let me know if you have any questions, would love to help out if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping that you get back to Russia soon for court! A little silver lining, my entire process has been about 6 weeks behind yours with starting/dossier registration but still a year out from even a shot at getting a child home apparently. :) Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a little girl waiting in St. Petersburg also! We traveled on our first trip the middle of December. I am so hoping for a court date soon too! BTW, I think that may be the cutest rain coat and boots I've ever seen! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Our timeline is almost exactly the same as yours..I think we are 1 week ahead of you guys. The main difference being your region is St. Pete's and ours is Kaluga. Best of luck to you guys!! I will keep you in my prayers.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete